Information for Schools
NSW SES School Education Programs
The NSW SES is committed to building resilience to floods, storms and tsunami in NSW communities.
School education programs can help students, teachers and parents to:
• prepare and plan for;
• safely respond to and
• recover quickly from these natural disasters.
SES can support the delivery of school education programs by either:
a) visiting schools (where time and resources permit) or
b) providing age-appropriate resources and lesson plans to teachers and parents
This enables students, teachers and parents to:
• Learn more about the risks posed by floods, storms, tsunami and other emergencies
• Discuss the key roles that NSW SES and the community play in disasters
• Understand how to better prepare your home, family, pets and school
• Learn the safest actions to take if a disaster affects you